Thursday, April 24, 2008

Let the Games begin


Today marks the offical start of spring for me. You see, today is the first day of golf league.


What a concept the game of golf is. Strike a small ball with a metal club and try to get it in a hole a specified distance away. Sounds simple, but is far from it. The best part is that it truly is a personal challenge. There is no team to carry you through the bad times. When you are playing badly, it is very obvious. When you play well, there is no better feeling of acomplishment.


You are outdoors being mentally and physically challenged, I can not think of a better way to spend an afternoon. It can be a real emotional roller coaster from one hole to the next. You can go from a state of euphoria after a good shot an then to one of complete depression after a bad shot. Learning how to handle these emotional swings and concentrating on the next shot is really the key to sucess. If you can learn to handle these types of thing while playing a game, well then life becomes just that much easier.


(BTW this is a picture of my favorite type of golf ball. Just in case anyone wanted to do a little Birthday or Fathers day shopping)


4 comments:

Joan said...

I thought your favorite balls were
the $5 each Slozzies. My favorites balls are the ones I get at garage sales for 50 cents.

Mom

Jem said...

I keep trying to get your dad to come down here golfing. We have TONS of great courses. You and your family are welcome at our home anytime!! (We have awesome weather, too!)

Colett (*.*) said...

I just love, I mean hate, I mean love I mean hate or is it love the game!

Amy said...

Oh how I miss the days of playing the good ol' game of golf at Lake Hills! It is my goal this summer to practice, practice, practice! Maybe some day I'll even beat you!